Keeping you safe
Worried about Coronavirus? You’re not alone!
The dental office is one of the safest place to visit during the Corona virus. We have been practicing universal precautions at our office for many decades, and have been following every recommendation by the ADA and CDC, but we’re taking that even further now, to ensure your safety!
So, what are we doing to keep you safe while you are in our care?
- Our team is trained in proper hand washing and in the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) practices.
- Any team member that is not feeling well is required to stay home.
- All team member’s temperature is taken at the beginning of the day and will be sent home with a temperature above 100.2 F
- We screen everyone before appointments to make sure that you are feeling well before you come in.
- Patients are booked in such a way to limit any possible interaction they may have with each other.
- If a patient is being accompanied, their escort should wait in the car to limit the number of people in the office (except for a parent accompanying a child)
- We regularly check temperatures of each team member and patient.
- We have N95 Face masks, eye protection or face shields, gloves, and clean scrubs and gowns are worn by the clinical team.
- We sterilize the entire office including all treatment rooms with hypochlorous fogging during the week.
- We use a rubber dam for all procedures which prevents anything from going down your throat along with high suction evacuation to keep the aerosols from leaving the immediate area, cutting down the risk to anyone.
- Every instrument goes through a detailed sterilization process of rinsing, ultrasonic rinsing, and heat sterilization in a bag.
- We run weekly spore tests on our sterilizers to make sure they are able to kill the toughest organisms known to medical science – every single week.
- We are constantly wiping down any high touched surface – including door knobs, countertops, light switches, pens, drawer pulls, etc.
- Our disinfectant kills the virus in 30 seconds and our UV light kills the virus in seconds without the need for chemicals.
- We have a very advanced air purification system in the office. It eliminates virtually all contaminates from the air and on surfaces, including bacteria and viruses. Because of this high air flow, we recommend you bring a sweater or light jacket when you come to our office.
We encourage everyone in our community to continue to take steps to minimize the spread of the virus, as dictated by the CDC. If you have a question about an upcoming appointment, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you again in the practice!
Northwest Endodontic Specialists and Team
Step-by-step guide for patients who come into the office
- Pre-screening all patients as we confirm appointments and prior to entering the building.
- Social distancing – by asking you to remain in your car until we text or call you we are ready for your appointment.
- Masked, gowned and gloved dental assistant/hygienist will meet you at the front door and welcome you to our office.
- Upon entering the office, you’ll be asked to sanitize your hands.
- The assistant/hygienist will take your temperature and escort you back to the operatory.
- If your paperwork was not completed online, then the assistant will give you the paperwork to fill out and sign. The sterile pen will be used by each patient.
- The assistant will do the patient interview and take the necessary x-rays.
- The masked and gowned doctor will come in the room and put on his/her gloves and provides any necessary treatment.